R & W Group is recruiting on behalf of our large, reputable law firm client in DC for a Human Resources Assistant! The HR Assistant will play a critical role supporting the operational functions of the department and providing administrative support to other members of the Human Resources team to ensure operational efficiency and excellence. In this visible role, the
HR Assistant provides tactical support in the recruitment and onboarding of new hires, maintains accurate data in all HR systems and files, plans and executes employee events, and assists with the performance evaluation process. In addition, the HR Assistant is the primary point of contact for the department with both internal and external customers and must maintain a professional demeanor and confidentiality at all times.
• Create and maintain employment, benefit, events and vendor files for department
• Prepare check requests for invoices, process expense reimbursements and track HR expenses against budget
• Draft communication material for Human Resources department as needed
• Perform clerical functions such as copying, and scanning
• Respond to requests for verification of employment
• Provide customer service to internal and external customers responding to requests or inquiries in a timely and accurate manner
• Ensure all HR and Benefit forms are up-to-date and fully stocked in HR
• Schedule meetings as required
• Other administrative duties as assigned
Recruitment & Employment
• Assist with the drafting of job postings for open positions
• Post positions on internal and external employment websites
• Assist in scheduling interviews and escorting candidates to meetings
• Initiate skills testing of applicants and forward results to hiring manager
• Collect and share interview evaluation forms for each candidate
• Maintain recruitment database, update status for each applicant
• Ensure communication with candidates regarding the status of their application
• Perform reference and background checks on selected candidates
• Prepare new hire welcome packets, schedule orientation with all administrative departments; Request data watch keys
• Send out intake notices, employee transfer & departure notices
• Conduct office tours for new hires
• Process I-9 information in E-verify and maintain I-9 books as required
• Respond to requests for verification of employment
• Assist with yearly staff evaluation process including process set-up in viDesktop, monitoring completion, follow up, collection and updating employee files
• Prepare compensation change letters and prepare Wage Theft Prevention Notices for all pay changes
• Distribute, monitor and collect 30 day and 90 day evaluations
• Responsible for maintenance of Seamless-Web
Employee Relations & Benefits
• Assist with planning, coordination and execution of staff events including Staff Appreciation & Retirement Celebrations
• Manage the Milestone Anniversary program; coordinate gift orders
• Assist in the coordination of with Firm's charitable, pro-bono and diversity initiatives
• Assist benefits department with Smart Trip program administration
• Support HR department as needed
• Bachelor's degree in HR, or Business required, 3.5 GPA or above expected
• 1-2 years previous work experience preferably in HR strongly preferred
• HR internship or other related experience, demonstrating strong interest in HR
• Proficiency in MS Office applications including Outlook, Excel and Word
• Excellent spelling, grammar and written communication skills
• Detail-oriented with ability to multi-task
• Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Must be customer service oriented
Please submit resumes online via www.r-wgroup.com today!
Legal Recruiting Manager
Are you a Legal Recruiting Manager? Are you ready for a change to join a great firm? If so, R & W Group has a rarely available opportunity with one of our favorite law firm clients. Our client is a highly regarded national law firm looking for an experienced legal professional to manage the firm’s Legal Recruiting team.
In this role you would be responsible for managing end-to-end law firm recruiting process, from OCI to the firm’s Summer Associate Program, overseeing campus recruiting team.
Track and report recruiting statistics to ensure accuracy and consistency of data.
Propose and implement strategy for law student outreach throughout the year to include building and maintaining relationships with law school career services and student groups.
Work with Hiring Partners and the Director of Legal Recruiting & Professional Development for lateral partner hiring.
Coordinate in-house interviews to include screening and full-round interviews.
Coordinate applicant travel and hotel arrangements when necessary.
Collect all employment materials (transcripts, writing samples and references).
Assemble interview evaluations and organize follow-up interviews.
Verify bar admission, standing and references.
Oversee the management of the firm’s campus outreach and Summer Associate Program to include social events, training surveys and evaluations.
Manage OCI logistics to include securing interview rooms and interviewer lodging accommodations.
Work closely with other departments in the firm on various events.
Organize and attend summer associate social events and oversee expense reimbursements.
Coach, mentor, develop, manage, and mentor members of the legal recruiting team to include ongoing training and professional development.
Qualified candidates should possess the following:
A minimum of five years of demonstrated recruiting experience in the legal or professional services industry.
3+ years of direct management experience.
Strategic and creative thinking skills.
Ability to interact effectively with practice groups leaders.
Ability to work effectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environment.
Excellent prioritization and organizational skills.
Familiarity with NALP principals and guidelines.
Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
Experience with viDesktop is preferred.
Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
Solid compensation and benefits package, great team, beautiful offices. Apply on-line or register with us at www.r-wgroup.com.
Legal Recruiting Coordinator
Do you have experience in legal recruiting? Are you looking to join a top firm in DC with tremendous growth opportunities? One of our favorite law firm clients in DC is looking for a Legal Recruiting Coordinator. In this role you would coordinate legal recruiting processes, including summer associate, entry-level, lateral associate, and judicial clerk hiring and coordinate first year events and summer associate and on-campus interview programs.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Schedule candidate interviews.
Correspond with candidates and headhunters, as well as attorneys and their assistants to set up interviews.
Enter candidate interview schedules, send interview reminders and interview evaluations via the recruiting database.
Coordinate sending offer letters and rejection emails.
Send offer notification emails to interviewers.
Update the search firm fee agreement binder and chart.
On-campus Interview Program
Register for on-campus interview (OCI) programs, book interview rooms, and hotel rooms when necessary.
Add feedback for the previous year’s OCI and Summer Program.
Prepare binders for OCI interviews. Maintain files for each law school. Send reminders to OCI interviewer with information about the program at each law school.
Handle hospitality suite logistics, order food, set-up contracts, and send marketing materials.
Generate resume packets and upload resumes for all candidates to the recruiting database.
Handle callback schedules and logistics. Generate and send callback, no callback, offer, and no offer letters for summer associate candidates.
Coordinate Interview Day Receptions.Summer Program
Assist the Legal Recruiting Manager with the coordination of the Summer Program.
Manage the Work Allocation process in the database.
Help set up and attend social events. Set-up contracts, send invitations, track RSVPs, and send reminders. Schedule summer associate lunches.
Track on-boarding information. Assist with Orientation and other pre-arrival administrative logistics, such as checking offices. Help print Summer Associate and Mentor Manuals.
Monitor the Legal Recruiting mailbox and correspond with all candidates, headhunters, vendors, student groups, and law schools.
Responsible for updating the Recruiting calendar, Summer Program calendar, and first year event list.
Create new positions in the recruiting database. Post job ads to the firm website and other job boards.
Track recruiting check requests, invoices, and reimbursements when necessary.
Coordinate recruiting meetings, conference room reservations, and catering orders when necessary.
Maintain active candidate files and charts.
Collaborate with Manager on reports, surveys, and other projects as needed.
Perform other work-related responsibilities as assigned.
Work with contact at viRecruit to set up processes and troubleshoot issues.
Participation in NALP and WALRAA
Minimum of 1 year of law firm or law school recruiting and/or professional development experience, preferably in a large firm setting.
Proven ability to coordinate recruitment programs for summer associate, entry-level and judicial clerk hiring is preferred
Working knowledge of viDesktop similar legal recruiting database is preferred.
Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel with tact and diplomacy
Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
Ability to handle confidential information and materials with care and discretion
Flexible team player with the ability to prioritize among competing deadlines and tasks
Flexible to work overtime on an as-needed basis
Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced, changing environment. Great opportunity. Amazing firm. Beautiful offices (Metro accessible). Solid compensation and benefits. Apply on-line or register with us at www.r-wgroup.com.