IN-HOUSE COUNSEL POSITION!
R & W Group has an amazing new opportunity with one of our favorite clients! A large international corporate client of ours is looking for In-House Counsel with a focus on trademark. In this position, you will help ensure that business units mitigate risks for the company and comply with US laws and regulations and international requirements. You would provide legal counseling in a wide range of areas and work directly with the business units to ensure alignment with business goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Review, draft and negotiate contractual agreements with third parties including international business partners and suppliers
• Provide advice and support in a wide range of areas including marketing, promotions, procurement and intellectual property matters
• Identify, research and analyze relevant federal, state and local requirements and translate into business solutions
• Instruct and manage outside counsel
• Pro-actively advise the business and developments pertaining to relevant legal matters
• Develop strong cross-functional working relationship to ensure the legal team is aware of key legal issues affecting the business units
• Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
• Juris Doctor (JD) from an accredited law school
• Must be admitted to the Virginia Bar or able to waive in Virginia Bar
• 3+ years of relevant legal experience with a focus on contracts drafting and review
• Experience reading and interpreting regulations, laws, and statutes
• Excellent interpersonal skills as well as written communication skills
• Familiar with a wide variety of general corporate and transactional work
• Ability to be flexible, adaptable and in a fast-paced environment
• Must be able to work within tight deadlines
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills with superior attention to detail
Preferred Skills and Experience
• In-house experience
• Experience in retail or wholesale corporation
Beautiful new building, just outside DC in NOVA, Metro accessible. Amazing team, tremendous opportunities within the company. Apply on-line or register with us at www.r-wgroup.com.