Business Development & Marketing Coordinator
R & W Group has an excellent opportunity with a large law firm in DC for a junior-level Business Development & Marketing Coordinator! The BD & Marketing Coordinator will work closely with the Business Development and Marketing Manager in supporting the Global Life Sciences; FDA Regulatory, Compliance and Enforcement; and Healthcare practice groups. This role will be an instrumental part of the team and is involved in a variety of projects including: assisting in the creation and maintenance of business development and marketing collateral for the group, including pitches and web materials; coordinating drafts of directory submissions and client references; managing the collection of representative experience; and coordinating activities to improve the profile of the practices involving outside organizations, such as sponsorships and other major events. S/He takes an active role in learning about these legal groups and developing the groups' and the firm's internal knowledge about its clients and business. The BD & Marketing Coordinator will also work closely with the other Business Development and Marketing Managers and Specialists in different offices to coordinate marketing efforts. This person should be a self-starter, work across offices and work well in a team environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Works with certain practices listed above to prepare and coordinate year-in-review reports for use in various industry survey submissions, e.g., Chambers USA and Chambers Global.
• Helps to develop and implement systems to acquire and manage representative experience lists and facilitates maintenance of experience databases. Coordinates with colleagues in international offices to foster and expand facility with experience database.
• Assists Business Development and Marketing Managers and/or lawyers in the preparation of client proposals and pitches, through formal RFP response processes as well as on an ad hoc basis.
• Works with Business Development and Marketing Manager and others to help maintain library of materials for pitches, proposals and RFP responses.
• Updates practice information on the Firm's website and intranet site, as well as coordinating occasional republication in external venues.
• Drafts practice group content, lawyer biographies and client presentations to further develop the firm's business development opportunities.
• Helps conduct research on clients/prospective clients, industry research and occasional competitive intelligence to develop knowledge about our clients, their industries and legal needs.
• Other duties as assigned.
• A Bachelor's degree from an accredited four year college or university
• A minimum of two years of business development and/or marketing related experience
• Demonstrated PC experience required: MS Word, PPT, Excel, Outlook, InterAction (or other CRM program)
• Law firm or professional services experience
• Working knowledge of customer relationship management and other databases
• Familiarity with ranking organizations, i.e., Chambers, etc.
If you are a rising and savvy business development and marketing professional with 2-3 years of law firm experience, email your resume to email@example.com or register with us on our site!